We are still open during this difficult time.
We are acknowledged as an essential service by the Australian Government. Our practice is open during our normal business hours, 8.00 am – 6.00 pm weekdays and 9.00 am to 1.00 pm on Saturdays.
At Beachside Complete Dental Care, we are following the advice and mandatory guidelines from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC), the Dental Board of Australia and the Australian Dental Association (ADA). Our Covid-19 dental restrictions have been eased to level 1, meaning that we can offer all of our dental treatments, while maintaining our stringent screening protocols, and additional infection control precautions ensuring the health and safety of all our patients and staff.
We believe it is of the highest importance that you still have access to dental care so that our already stressed emergency services and medical care facilities are not overburdened in this critical time. If you, a family member or a friend needs dental treatment please contact us, we are here to help. If you have a general enquiry or would like dental advice, please contact us also.
Our infection control protocols:
Our qualified team are trained in infection control and we follow the Australian and New Zealand Standards AS/NZS4815 of Infection Control, Australian Dental Association Guidelines for Infection Control and Australian Guidelines for the Prevention and Control of Infection Control in Healthcare (NHMRC).
As per standard precautions, our policies and protocols are always strictly followed. Our treatment rooms are barriered and all surfaces cleaned with neutral pH detergent, followed by disinfection, before and after each patient. Single-use items are discarded, and all other dental instruments sterilised. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is worn by staff at all times during treatment. Additional infection control precautions have been implemented where standard precautions alone may be insufficient to prevent further infection.
We maintain high hygiene standards with proper hand hygiene and cough and sneeze etiquette. We regularly review the information provided to us from the authorities and the ADA and will update procedures as required.
We have a sufficient supply of dental face masks, gloves and other necessary items for PPE so that we can continue to look after you and your dental health.
To minimise the spread of COVID-19 we are taking the following precautions:
- Removing all reading material from our patient lounge, please bring your own reading material at this time. Our television will be on for your entertainment.
- Removing our teapot and water jug from our patient lounge, please ask our team if you would like a refreshment
- Removing children’s toys from our patient lounge
- Social distancing, we have rearranged our patient lounge and spread chairs apart. If you wish to wait in your car, we will happily contact you when your appointment is ready
- Increased environmental cleaning of surfaces in our patient lounge and front office including and not limited to, benches, Hicaps terminals, pens and door handles
- We have sanitizing hand solutions at the front office and patient lounge for patient use
- Patients are encouraged to wash their hands with soap and water in the allocated bathroom
- Promoting good respiratory hygiene (cough/sneeze hygiene)
- As usual, high volume evacuation suctions and low volume evacuation suctions are used during treatments to reduce aerosols along with rubber dam
- Patient screening, as per the ADA, DHHS, and WHO guidelines, if you have travelled overseas (any county) in the past 14 days or have flu-like symptoms or feeling unwell, or have been in contact with anyone that has potentially been exposed to Covid:19, we may delay and reschedule your appointment
- If COVID-19 spreads to our community, anyone with a cough or low-grade fever will be asked to stay at home
- Perspex screens on our front desk to maintain social distancing
- Covid-Safe Plan in place
- We are supporting the mental health and well-being for our amazing team and promote kindness and understanding for others and ourselves as always. We are connecting our team with a range of support services if they need help or someone to talk to.
We will continue to provide you, our patients, with the best possible care. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these difficult and uncertain times.
May we continue to be empathetic and resilient, to communicate and support each other during this global pandemic and always.
May you wish to speak with one of our team, please contact us we are happy to help.
With our best wishes for your health and safety for you and your loved ones,
The team at Beachside Complete Dental Care and Dental Implant Centre