In Australia, we are consuming more than three times our fair share of the planet’s natural resources. At Beachside Complete Dental Care and Dental Implant Centre we are making a conscious effort to reduce the eco-footprint:
- Using biodegradable plastic cups.
- Use of digital X-Rays so there are no harmful chemicals.
- Electricity is shut off when surgery is not in use.
- Skylights throughout the building.
- LED lighting and TV which consumes less energy.
- Using stainless steel instruments where possible to reduce disposable instruments.
- Avoid standby after hours, all devices and electricity are completely shut down due to a central electricity shut down mode.
- Steam Sterilisation: our class b autoclave reaches a temperature of 135 degrees and hold this temperature for 4 minutes. This method of sterilisation allows us to avoid using harsh chemicals and meets all requirements and quality lines of the Australian Dental Association.
- We don’t use amalgam as it is metallic and contains mercury. By not using this material we are preventing this going back into our environment.
- Being keen recyclers.
- We have contracted a commercial waste disposal company to manage waste that is not biodegradable so it reduces the impact on our environment.
- Using 100% recycled paper where paperless is not an option, you can help by opting out of a receipt.
- Water conservation during and between procedures.
For more information or to give us your own advise and tips to reduce our eco-footprint, please call our friendly staff on (03) 9781 3633.